Starting December The Right Way

rain mug forest


I write this blog post while staring out the window to the vast Dartmoor landscape, moors expanding on for what seem like forever. The wind is blowing heavily against the window, there’s a heavy fog settling in and the internet service is really quite terrible here.

I came with Gary a few days ago so he could visit his family, and we've been enjoying this time away from the hustle and bustle of our usual city setting. It’s been wonderful to be honest (apart from said shoddy internet) and I've managed to finally get a little more rest than usual.


I've still been working while here, designing many headers and things for people, building up our #GirlGang and attempting to keep up with blogging. But I've found it much easier to make time for myself too. Taking time away from my phone and laptop (okay forced to, again… terrible internet) has been so good for me. I've managed to breathe, enjoy downtime with Gary and indulge in little things I don’t usually have time for at home like sleeping in, reading or going for a walk. And when I've returned to work after these little hours away, I've found myself SO much more productive anyway! The breaks seem to really rejuvenate my inspiration and motivate me to do more in shorter spells.

I don’t doubt as soon as I get home, it’ll be all manic again, and that’s okay. I have so many upcoming plans for the #GirlGang; including the first newsletter which I hope to get out around Tuesday/Wednesday. But I also really hope I can take back with me this small lesson learned; breaks are fucking needed. Maybe this will help me create a new schedule for myself. One that doesn't include working until 4/5am and then being up again at 8:30am. *Sidenote* I actually calculated last week that I had around 30 hours sleep. 30 HOURS. I’ll leave you to wonder about how good my eyes looked.

I feel like this was the perfect start to December, taking this trip. I did question whether I should come at all with Gary; I worried about my work schedule. But I feel 100% sure I’d have worked myself into the ground if I hadn't. I have so many awesome plans for this month, but probably not many worth mentioning. Some are big and fun #GirlGang stuff which you can all read about in the newsletter (go sign up here), but most are just simple things like putting up the Christmas decorations, spending time with family, creating some cute DIY gifts for people and planning out 2016.

I've already achieved so many of my goals for this year, I'm excited to share a post on how it all went; so this will come soon. Maybe in the next week or so. It’s a great motivator!

Anyway, I'm off to a Christmas market now and to wander around taking photographs of pretty things. I hope you’re all having an amazing week!
post signature


Keep up to date with my latest posts by following me! :)
Bloglovin - Twitter - Instagram - Pinterest - Facebook

1 comment

  1. That's all you need sometimes! A little break. I'm desperately counting down the days to our weekend break in Amsterdam next week. I'm feeling pretty maxed out at the moment too. I'm so glad you took the time out needed.
    QueenBeady.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading! I'd love to know what you thought :)

Latest Instagrams

© Dorkface. Design by Fearne.