Blackpool Bloggerlodge

Blackpool pier
If you follow me on social media you may have seen that last week Gary and I upped and left for Blackpool for the night. After making my mum promise she would look after Luna and give her lots of snuggles, we popped on the train to enjoy a lovely day and night together.

We hardly ever get 'just us' time actually, even though I work from home now. There's constantly work I have to get done and things I need to do, so it's hard to take a day off from it. So when Travelodge* offered to let us stay in one of their Blackpool hotels, we jumped at the chance to have some quality time together exploring.

girl boy couple photo

girl with green hair
Blackpool pier
To be honest, I haven't been to Blackpool since I was a little girl, so it was lovely to go back. We were blessed with probably the best sunshine ever on the day, and I really felt nostalgic about my time spent visiting the pier as a kid. I can remember taking family trips in the Summer, buying candy floss, going to the fair, and playing in the sea. It really is a wonderful place to visit, and is the epitome of British Summers.

When we got to the Travelodge hotel at South Shore, we were greeted with a smile and friendly hello from the front desk who were absolutely lovely to us. They asked us if there was anyway they could make our stay more comfortable, or advise us on local attractions we might like to visit. I couldn't believe how helpful they were!

Upon entering the room I was impressed by the pretty decent size it was for an affordable hotel like Travelodge. I've stayed in other budget hotels before, and the rooms are usually diddy!
Travelodge hotel room

Travelodge hotel room

Travelodge hotel room


Cheeky little snippet of Gary there lounging about.

The bed was fucking amazing. Sorry to swear (well, I'm not really) but it was the comfiest bed ever, and I was verrryyy much the happy bunny when I seen they'd left us extra pillows too. The whole thing was like a huge cloud, and to be honest I kept moaning about taking it home with us, ha!

We spent the day exploring, taking photographs, walking along the pier and just enjoying how chilled out everything was. We went for an evening meal (at Frankie and Benny's because Gary loves it there!) and enjoyed a few drinks before heading back to the hotel. We had a truly luxurious nights sleep and woke feeling refreshed, before heading downstairs to a huge breakfast buffet. I'm quite a fussy eater to be honest, but even I was left happy! They had everything from cereals, sausages, eggs, toast, hash browns, bacon, croissants, coffees, hot chocolates, juices, lattes... you name it; it was there. I really preferred being able to help ourselves rather than ordering a breakfast; where I no doubt would have just ordered toast and been unsatisfied.

Before we checked out and headed home (back to reality and work!) the lovely lady at the front desk asked us how our stay was, if there were any problems and if there was anyway she could help us in getting back to the train station. She was a babe, basically. Like everyone else who worked there, she left me with a smile.
Blackpool pier beach
I think this little trip highlighted to me the importance of making time for ourselves, even if it's just a day, or even a few hours. I felt so much more rejuvenated once we were home, and so motivated to get more work done. I cannot thank the guys over at Travelodge enough for a lovely stay, and I'm sure we'll be back again soon!

I'd particularly recommend the one we stayed at, at Blackpool South Shore; as I was amazed by how lovely the staff were.

Thanks guys!



*Post in collaboration with Travelodge.

post signature


Keep up to date with my latest posts by following me! :)
Bloglovin - Twitter - Instagram - Pinterest - Facebook

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for reading! I'd love to know what you thought :)

Latest Instagrams

© Dorkface. Design by Fearne.