Is Self Employment Saving My Hair?

hair products

Having green hair ain't easy guys. It's all high maintenance, dead/dry ends and plenty of damage being done unfortunately. Of course there are a whole range of products out there that are aimed at tackling these problems, and I do have some favourites (I'll get to that), but I'm starting to think the greatest friend to my locks is self employment! Allow me to explain...

At the start if this year I did share some of my hair care/dying tips for colourful hair; and these still stand true if you'd like to check this out. However the greatest problem I always had was heat. Now we all know to avoid heat like the plague if you want your hair to stay healthy; but it was so hard for me! I have thick, wavy hair (sounds lovely doesn't it? It's not) which takes ages to dry. So when I used to work full time, I had to come home and shower, and blow dry my hair - no allowing it to dry on its own; I'd be there for days. I'd use the cooler settings, but it's still heat and not great for already damaged hair of course. To top things off, 99% of the time my hair looks like crap if left in its natural state. It's frizzy, big, puffy and not at all sleek or even bouncy. The best and easiest way to fix this has always been straighteners. I adore my GHD's and will never ever give them up; you'll have to pry them out of my cold dead hands I swear. But I felt I had to straighten my hair every single day for work, to look half decent at least, and this amount of heat was unbearable. I'm already attacking my hair with bleach/green dye each month, so this on top was practically a crime.

Things are SO different now though, it's hilarious. Working from home means I'm not leaving the house every single morning, and I don't have to worry about my hair to be honest. I'm not saying I always look a mess (okay maybe sometimes though), but it's certainly much less pressure to look all made up. These days it's much rarer that I blow dry my hair, and if I do it's on the coolest setting possible, and I only half dry it; allowing the rest to finish naturally. I wear hats almost everyday now with the excuse of colder weather, and straightening my hair might happen once a week at most. 
I cannot tell you the improvements I've been seeing already in the past six weeks; I'm so happy! I've felt I've been so much kinder to my poor green hair, and it's thanking me for it. 

Now for my favourite products, as promised. I won't make a list as long as my arm; I simply have two recommendations for you guys. In fact, I've photographed them both at the top of this post. We have Lee Stafford Hair Growth Conditioner and Milkshake Incredible Milk Leave In Conditioner. Both of these products are now my favourite thing EVER, and will continue to be added to my basket on a regular basis. The whole Lee Stafford range is amazing, but I especially love the conditioner. Aimed at encouraging hair growth (yay!), it leaves my hair feeling super soft and healthy after each use I'm happy to say. Then there's the Milkshake leave in conditioner - DEVINE. Buy this now, just go, NOW. Let me start by saying it smells like heaven in a bottle, I simply cannot stop sniffing this stuff when I apply it. But best of all, a few sprays of this on my locks, and I'm left with hair that feels stronger and shinier than I've ever seen it before. I honestly can't rave about this product enough!


So there we have it; work from home, avoid heat, buy those two products and your hair will love you!
Let's just hope mine grows much faster now that I'm being really nice to it eh?


post signature


Keep up to date with my latest posts by following me! :)
Bloglovin - Twitter - Instagram - Pinterest - Facebook

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for reading! I'd love to know what you thought :)

Latest Instagrams

© Dorkface. Design by Fearne.