Postcrossing







As someone who has always been a fan of handwritten letters, cute photos and postcards, or anything that comes in the post that isn't a bill to be honest; Postcrossing founds it's way into my world a few years ago and I loved it immediately. 

Basically Postcrossing is all about sending and receiving postcards from all over the world. You get to experience the writings and cards from people hundreds of miles away, different ages, races and cultures. The idea is that each time you send a card, you receive one back. Postcrossing generates random users for you to send a card to, and in turn a user will be randomly assigned to send you a card also.

I have loved being involved with this idea and over time have received more than 50 postcards so far. I have received a card from an elderly woman in Eastern Europe, I have received cute Kawaii cards from Asia, and I have received a card from a very young Italian boy learning to write English. Each one that pops through my letterbox is a joy to read and it feels wonderful to have such an eclectic little collection.

I wanted to share this idea with you guys, as I think it's really fun and I wanted to see what you thought. Are you interested in getting involved? If you can sign up here, and let me know if you do! :)




post signature

27 comments

  1. Replies
    1. Yay! :) Let me know how you get on, its such a lovely idea :) xx

      Delete
  2. Oooh I love the idea of this :) Definitely going to sign up! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is SO COOL! I'm definitely popping off to sign up :D thank you!!! xx

    Little Miss Katy | UK Lifestyle & Fashion

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lovely! Post a pic on twitter when you receive your first card! x

      Delete
  4. This is so cool!! I've never heard of this site before so thanks for sharing!! :) I love all the cute stickers you have!

    Jessica
    the.pyreflies.org

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my sweet lordy, well isn't this the cutest idea ever! I've never had a penpal before and always adored the notion of interacting with various people and immersing yourself in their cultures :) Thank you so much for sharing doll, a brilliant post as per!

    Claire xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks miss! <3 Have fun with it, it's incredible! xx

      Delete
  6. This is such a lovely idea! Definitely going to have a look into this!
    sammy xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This seems like a great idea! Now I have a reason to go out and buy tons of stickers haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's allllways a reason for this ;) haha! xx

      Delete
  8. Cute idea... and loving all that stationary

    Illustrated-teacup.blogspot.co.uk

    Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe :) I love me some stationary... #lame x

      Delete
  9. I know right!? And its so sweet getting them in the post randomly :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a great idea! I always send postcards when I go away but don't receive enough!! I will have to sign up for this :) x

    Jasmin Charlotte | UK Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  11. :o This is now on my to do list! I had no idea this community exists. Great post ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  12. So exciting!! I wanna do this so bad, but first I must send you one!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is adorable. I NEED to know where that Moomin card is from though!

    Angi~
    iidifferentworlds.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so amazing i am totally signing up for this!
    Love VictoriaJanex
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love snail mail and penpals. I've always wanted to do something like this, but I'm never sure what to write. Lol. Also, those stickers are adorable! I always buy stickers and save them for something special, that never actually happens. Lol.

    Sara Bloo xo
    bloonstuff.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is such a cute idea, I'm definitely going to sign up :) x

    http://chloeharriets.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  17. How have I never heard of this before?! Signing up right now! <3

    ReplyDelete
  18. After reading this post I signed up and received my first postcard last week. Yay! I wrote a quick post about it over on my blog, Thanks for the post ^_^

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading! I'd love to know what you thought :)

Latest Instagrams

© Dorkface. Design by Fearne.