I'm Joining The Scouts

hand sewn scout patch

Since I was a kid I've tried out plenty of different clubs and activities; sewing club (I know, I was never cool), flower pressing (seriously am I 90?!), the swim team, arts and crafts club, horse riding (I do miss this) and even a brief stint in dance classes. But none of them ever really stuck. No matter how much I enjoyed them I always ended up floundering and quitting. Actually, I was never even determined enough to quit properly, I just sort of stopped going...

Anyway, blogging is the first sort of hobby/activity/thing that I've stuck at, and I love it. However, apart from a digital collection of posts and a hell of a lot of photos, there's nothing you can really 'collect' from blogging. No mementos or achievements for goals etc, and part of me wants to feel like I'm in a little club again. I really wanna give this whole 'participation' thing a go.

...And obviously I wanna do this in the smallest way possible with the least amount of responsibility ever; I'm lazy like that. Then I discovered Beau's Etsy store. I had found her on Instagram a while back and then realised she had this amazing Etsy store full of adorable things she's crafted herself; including these Babe Scouts patches!



She has a range of patches that she has created to raise awareness for Anxiety and Depression, part of the 'Babe Scouts' club. The idea being that she'd like to remind anyone having a bad day to take it slow and enjoy the little things, such as 'Snuggle your cat', 'Drink water' and 'Watch a movie'. I thought this idea was absolutely amazing, and so thoughtful. What a wonderful way to show support for people suffering with the same day to day problems, and in the cutest way possible.

I immediately snapped up my first patch and became an official member! I'm so happy I've joined such an awesome little club. I plan to collect all of Beau's work, and I hope you guys do too. After all, it's a lovely idea and it's always awesome to support small business eh? My only problem now is where to place this little cutie?!



So, will you be joining the club?! :)




post signature


Keep up to date with my latest posts by following me! :)
Bloglovin - Twitter - Instagram - Pinterest - Facebook

6 comments

  1. THIS IS SO CUTE!! Like I said, I wanna buy a ton of denim, and a ton of patches and just rock that from now on.

    Meg | A Little Twist Of…

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my word. I deffo want to join the Babe Scouts. It's adorable!!!

    Laura | Lojo Vs The World

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so into this. It's also really nice to see support for small handmade things (and reassuring for me, as I'm planning to launch a collection in September! XD )

    www.bewarewildbear.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was, and still am the same for picking up and dropping hobbies! This is such a cute idea and I love the patch! x
    Emily
    thebelljarxo.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this! I have a denim jacket that is just dying for a patch!
    Tegan xx - Permanent Procrastination
    Btw check out my sweet Lightbox Giveaway if you haven’t already!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a cute idea. I'll definitely be checking her out
    Beth x
    Mermaid in Disguise

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading! I'd love to know what you thought :)

Latest Instagrams

© Dorkface. Design by Fearne.