Loreal Lumi Magique Highlighter Pen


This week I've been trying out my latest beauty product purchase, the Lumi Magique highlighter pen.
I love a good highlighter so much, so any excuse to try another is great. 
On first impression I love the packaging. It's golden, sleek design is what caught my eye in the first place. It does remind me of the YSL version, so maybe Loreal were cheating a little bit there trying to replicate it. But anywho, I like it.



Even though I'm an extremely pale person, I chose the number 2 Medium shade, as I felt the Light version was just too white. I wanted to blend this in with my foundation, not work against it.


There are a few things I've been loving about this product already; I found that the nib offered a precise and easy to blend application, saving you from finding a separate brush to use with this. I also like that you twist the the base of this pen to dispense the liquid, meaning you can use just as much as you need, without wasting any.



Personally I found the liquid applied beautifully, and the shade worked really well for me. It's a matte highlighter that gives a brightening to the skin.
I loved this for use on my dark circles under my eyes, but it also looked lovely on the cheekbones too, whether underneath or over foundation.


To sum it up, I'd give this a 4/5 I think.
It's really very good especially for a high street brand, easy to use and a good medium coverage I'd say.
The only very small downside is that I personally had to top this up again after about 4 hours, whereas I've read other bloggers claim it lasted them around 8/9. But I'm not too fussed by that :)

What do you guys think? Have you tried this?
Let me know in the comments below!
 

post signature

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for reading! I'd love to know what you thought :)

Latest Instagrams

© Dorkface. Design by Fearne.