Baking: Vanilla Cupcakes



Not to give false impressions if you're new to my blog; I'm not one of those perfect, fancy baker types who is talented enough to post regular baking masterpieces. I quite simply had a good baking turnout for once this week, and thought I'd share if with you guys. I love baking, and try new recipes often enough, but admittedly they always fall flat in some way or another. Whether the taste isn't quite right, I burn something, or it just generally looks a mess; you can always count on me to fail, haha.

So this week I tried out a very simple vanilla cupcake recipe, and they actually turned out really good! They made for soft, fluffy, sweet little things, and I even decorated them adorably. 
 





So here's how you make these bad boys quickly and easily:

- Preheat your oven to 180C/Gas Mark 4.
- Line a muffin tin with paper cases, or use silicone cases like I have.
- Cream 110g butter and 110g of caster sugar together until pale.
- Beat in two eggs and mix well.
- Stir in 2 teaspoons of Vanilla Extract.
- Fold in 110g of Self Raising Flour until it's of dropping consistency. 
- If needed, add a tablespoon or two of milk as you go.
- Once completely mixed, spoon mixture into the cupcake cases until they are half full.
- Bake in the oven for between 12 - 16 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Leave to cool for at least 10 minutes.

Now, this is the part where I cheated. I bought tubes of icing rather than make my own, in true crappy baking Jemma style. I recommend you take the easy route and do the same ;) If not, there are hundreds of really simple icing recipes online.

- So next I added my two different types of icing, as neat as I could (lol).
- Now the fun part! Decorate with edible glitter, chocolate stars, sprinkles, whatever you like!

- Enjoy! xx



post signature

18 comments

  1. Those pink, glittery cupcakes are adorable! They look delicious. I can't help but think the white/cream coloured icing looks a bit like mashed potatoes.. Haha, but hey, I love mash so it's all good! Great effort Jemma xxx

    Kirsty - Effortlessly Excessive | Dior Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha I know, I didn't do the icing as neat with them hehe :D

      Delete
  2. these look amazing!! really want some cupcakes now :)

    Melissa || www.vintagemelissa.co.uk x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look lovely!!! Get a Hover to pin over your pictures!!!! I woud love to pin this!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look incredible! You've definitely made me hungry, I might have a go at making them tomorrow...
    Francine from The Graduate Goddess xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooo, i just made a cake and it was a disaster. These look so good! :D
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. looks scrumptious! yummy

    www.bumascloset.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. These look awesome and crazy delicious! I never get icing right so maybe I should just stick to the spray stuff! x

    www.moreaboutcat.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I'm the same! :) Thanks for stopping by Cat! <3

      Delete
  8. I think I just felt my diet will power melt away... mmm Cake! x

    www.kristinasuzannoxo.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow those look yummy and makes me feel hungry, can you send me one over please :)

    Pams Stuff and Things

    ReplyDelete
  10. These look utterly delicious and the presentation is perfect! Thanks heaps for sharing, mmm..! :)

    http://aglassofice.blogspot.co.uk/

    x

    ReplyDelete
  11. YUUUUM! The decorations are really cute too. I suck at decorating haha

    Sheri | Behind The Frames

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, these look so delicious! And really pretty too.

    Cristina
    http://cristina.dk

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading! I'd love to know what you thought :)

Latest Instagrams

© Dorkface. Design by Fearne.