My Least Used Beauty Product



We've all bought beauty products that we feel we really need at the time, or lust after beyond reason. Sometimes we think if we just buy that one certain product, it will fix everything. For me, there is no better example of that than the Too Faced Brow Envy Kit I got around five or six months ago. I was filled with instant happiness at my new purchase, and was sure this was the product finally going to fix my brows. We were going to be besties. In fact, the photograph taken above is the very first photo I took of it months ago, all shiny and new. I kept it as I just knew I'd end up doing a review of it after a few uses, and reporting back my findings.

Little did I expect though, we didn't end up being BFF's. In fact we were more like those friends you run into occasionally while you're busy doing other things. You always promise to try make time for each other and you really mean it, but it just never quite happens. I tried out the Too Faced Brow Envy kit expecting it to transform my brows from barely there to showstopping power brows. You know the ones. I regularly feel envious of Sarah's brows over at 'And Beauty Or Something'. She has those babies. Unfortunately the kit and I just never quite bonded that way. 

Let me start on a good note. I was instantly in love with the packaging of this kit. It's such a handy all in one product, perfect for popping in any bag to take around with you. All the essential tools you need to take care of your brows at any time. No muss, no fuss; Lovely. The tweezers provided work fine and grab even the peskiest of strays, and the highlighter provided a subtle lightening where I needed it. 

That's about all the good I can say for this kit. The brow powders provided just weren't right for me. There is a blonde and a brunette option, and neither is close to the shade I need. Too Faced also advise that you can mix these shades to create your own custom one if needed, but that wouldn't have worked for me as I found the brunette powder to have a slight reddish undertone to it. I needed it a little cooler, and ever so slightly darker now that my hair is a very dark brown, almost black. And as for the setting wax? Well I can't say anything bad about it, it was okay. It did seem to keep my powder in place throughout the day, but I didn't like the feeling of it if I'm honest. It felt a little gloopy, and stiff. I have found better success with other products promising the same result, so I don't think I'll be missing this much.

Overall I'm left kind of disappointed. I really feel like this kit just missed the mark off becoming brilliant, it didn't quite get there. If these powder shades are perfect for someone else though, I could understand how they would see this product in a much more favorable light than me. The convenience of this product could be amazing.

So for the past few months this product has sat at the very back of my makeup storage, just waiting for someone to be friends with it.

.. I promise to keep in touch, really. We'll talk.





post signature

18 comments

  1. Nice post! I think we all have these moments when we really want to buy something that we either don't need or that we end up just leaving forgotten at the bottom of a drawer. :) I have a lot of brow products like this... Still looking for my HG. X

    Speaking Beauty UK | Nars, Urban Decay, YSL GIVEAWAY

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha same here :) I think it's natural and we can't help ourselves sometimes I guess! xx

      Delete
  2. Oh I have many of these kind of products in my collection. Great post thought and love your style of writing :)

    Pams Stuff and Things

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks Pam! I have a few products like this. I'm gonna be clearing them out but thought I should do this post first haha x

      Delete
  3. i actually like the makeup packaging too and ahhh i know that feeling when you think the product would be great on you but the skin disagree. great post

    www.bumascloset.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it's the worst! I really wanted to like this, and it could be good for someone else. But it ust wasn't right for me! xx

      Delete
  4. Great post! I had actually bought the Too Faced brow envy kits the older & new and they never worked for me, actually ended up returning the new one! I felt the " guiders" were not very good, they didn't help me at all. I was a bit upset as I too wanted the perfect brows.. then I went to Anastasia products & BAM fell in love just a little bit of perfecting and it was good to go!
    Hopefully you find the perfect brow products :)
    Xo Victoria
    www.palmtreesandhappiness.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh thanks for the tip Victoria! <3 I might just have to give that a go! xx

      Delete
  5. Sorry to hear you didn't get on with it. I love how in tru blogger fashion, the first thing you did with a new product was to take a photo of it! :) xx

    Brenda BusyBee

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a few of these products that i buy then wish i hadnt! Such a shame this palette isnt as good as it seems x
    Emma | Emmys Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know it's a shame when it happens but to be honest it's still lovely to try out new products :) x

      Delete
  7. Sorry that it didn't work out. Hopefully you'll find something even more fabulous soon.
    http://fishnetsxd.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the packaging and the tools included but you're definitely right to be disappointed as the shades of those powders look awful. If it is aimed at being able to mix the two together to get your personal shade, the brunette should be darker and cool toned! What a shame x

    Beauty with charm | TOOFACED GIVEAWAY

    ReplyDelete
  9. I usually avoid brow kits because there's always disappointment lol. There should be much more variety in the shades! I've tried the wax before and it just felt gross/stiff.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh no what a shame, it looks like such a gorgeous brow palette and I love Too Faced xx

    Gemma // Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
  11. The packaging is lovely! I have gone off powders now as I prefer using an eyebrow pencil - like the sleek eyebrow stylist, such a shame about this one though! x

    Jasmin Charlotte | UK Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  12. nice post ! shame it didn't work out .

    http://allornothing-blog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading! I'd love to know what you thought :)

Latest Instagrams

© Dorkface. Design by Fearne.