A Homemade Gift Idea


See that? It's a little jar of love. It might not seem like it, but it really is and it could bring a little bit of joy to someone close to you. Christmas is just peeping over the horizon, yes it really is starting to loom and unfortunately we should begin thinking of it soon. So with that in mind, this little jar could become one of the sweetest homemade gifts you give this year.

Here's what you'll need:

A small jar, or box if you prefer,
some glitter, washi tape or ribbon - anything decorative,
a pen,
various coloured paper.




Nothing complicated or laborious here. Simply find a jar you like, make it pretty and fill it with love. And by love, I mean write down lots of little reasons why you love someone on pieces of paper. Or reasons why they are awesome, special, very much appreciated in your life.



Fill the jar with these wonderful little reasons and reminders as much as you can, and even add trinkets in with them if you like. Such as marbles, glitter or sweeties!

Add a pretty ribbon around the top, attach a name tag and viola! You have an adorable, free homemade present for someone you love. You could use this as a little token gift for Christmas, birthdays or Valentines. Or even just to cheer somebody up. I know this would certainly make me smile.

Would you guys like somebody to do this for you? :)


post signature

23 comments

  1. Such a gorgeous idea! I think I'd love to receive one of these. It is such a thoughtful gift!

    Suitcase and Sandals Blog X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks Hannah! I think I'd like one myself hehe xx

      Delete
  2. Cute idea, this would be amazing for a yound child to do for their parents :)


    http://blushinglyblonde.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knooow! Gosh how cute would that be?! I'd keep it forever xx

      Delete
  3. This is such a cute idea and it's so creative! Need to make a few of these as gifts! Thanks for sharing x

    www.beautywithcharm.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is terribly simple, which makes me want to apologise. But also I guess that's kind of the appeal?! xx

      Delete
  4. This is such ha cute idea! So simple and it will definitely make people smile!

    Thanks for sharing!

    Jenn
    Photo-Jenn-ic

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so! <3 I think it's a nice way to show you care :) xx

      Delete
  5. I really think this is a fabulous idea. I think it may also make the perfect anniversary present for my boy too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute idea! :)
    - F - www.elevatorbrain.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a sweet idea, I love it! :)

    Sarah
    www.abubblylady.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ^__^ Makes someone feel special which is nice! Thanks lovely! x

      Delete
  8. What a lovely gift idea for a boyfriend/girlfriend xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Okay, this is seriously the sweetest idea EVER!

    Jessica
    the.pyreflies.org

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And you are seriously the sweetest girl ever! :) hehe x

      Delete
  10. This is so cute. Deffo an idea for the boyfriend.
    http://fishnetsxd.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is absolutely adorable. I'll most definately be doing this for my best friends this year filled with things I love about them / memories.

    Analesha xx
    Lipsandbubbles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this idea, it's so cute and thoughtful!
    Kirsty x

    PrettyBugBlog.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading! I'd love to know what you thought :)

Latest Instagrams

© Dorkface. Design by Fearne.