Halloween Fun: What I've Been Upto

Have I not mentioned how Halloween is basically my favourite holiday of the year? Oh I have. Well I've certainly gotten in the spirit this week (see my post on Halloween movies to check out!) and I'm keeping the fun going as much as possible!

It's a little strange for me to admit that I've never actually carved a pumpkin/Jack O' Lantern until this week before, considering I love this holiday. My Mum and Dad never really got into the whole Halloween thing (maybe that's why I overcompensate), and so it just never really happened. So I decided to rectify that this week and have a go at carving my first one, along with Gary. He hadn't ever done one either!






His is the left one and mine's the right. I think it's pretty obvious we're new to this haha! But we loved it and it was fun to do. The only part I really didn't like was seeing all the seeds inside the pumpkins. It totally set off my Trypophobia and made me feel sick. Luckily Gary got rid of them very quickly and distracted me until I calmed down.
I think these guys look pretty awesome and make the place look all Autumnal.

Also this week, I've been practising my Halloween makeup for Friday. I should say usually I go all out and dress up crazy. I love having an eye catching outfit and wild hair/makeup, see last years example -


So yeah as you can see I really like to make the effort haha :)
However this year my friends, Gary and I aren't going out partying all night. We're having a few drinks and possibly getting a little tipsy, and then seeing a late showing of John Carpenter's Halloween at the cinema. Which will be awesome, obviously. But nobody's dressing up and I didn't wanna go totally all out on my own. But seeing as I still have a real love for getting involved in Halloween as much as possible, I want to do something.

Enter JemCat.



This is one of those typical girl Halloween things isn't it? Put on some cat ears, add whiskers and a pout. This isn't me usually, but it'll do! I'm quite happy with the simplicity for once and I still feel involved haha. Plus this will be easier to get away with while all my friends are looking normal!

So yeah that's what I've been up to and my plans for Friday night. What are you guys be doing this Halloween? Either way I hope you all have plenty of fun!


post signature

27 comments

  1. I've also never carved a pumpkin before. I imagine I will once my little one is old enough to do it with me but for now I don't think I will bother. Love the simple cat look! Hope you enjoy your Halloween night x

    Beauty with charm | TOOFACED GIVEAWAY

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad it's not just me haha! :D Aww thanks Alina! xxx

      Delete
  2. I love Jemcat! Always nice to do something for halloween even if it's small. I haven't carved a pumpkin either! I bought some once for halloween but never got round to it.. x

    Jasmin Charlotte | UK Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. N'awww thanks Jasmin! <3 I love getting into the Halloween spirit haha :) xx

      Delete
  3. I love the mean pumpkin on the right. :) Also love your scary bride outfit. Really good lol Saw that photo of you as a kitty on Instagram and thought you looked super cute. I haven't done anything halloween related this year. But I wish I had a party to go to. It's so much fun dressing up and doing scary makeup. hehe xx

    Speaking Beauty UK | Nars, Urban Decay, YSL GIVEAWAY

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I was a little sad there was no huge night on the town or party at first, but now we have a lovely chilled grown up night planned and I'm sure it'll still be so much fun! :) xx

      Delete
  4. Oh they look so awesome sat together on the harth! I love it!!! Yey for 1st ever carvings :D

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha! That cat outfit is so cute! I love craving pumpkins with the kids though I get really perfectionist about it all, whoops! The meanie pumpkin has got to be my favourite x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks! Haha you can come teach me lmao x

      Delete
  6. Your pumpkins are great! The fact that you are such a talented artist really shows. Last year myself and my girlfriends got together and we carved some pumpkins. To be honest, it all got a bit silly and rude (we can't help ourselves) & our pumpkins ended up being penis pumpkins! haha :o) x

    kristinasuzannexo.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh my gosh i was expecting the bride zombie? picture scrolling down gosh that scared me haha. love jemcat one. so pretty! a haha

    www.bumascloset.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those pumpkins are really good! I have never carved a pumpkin either - my parents never liked Halloween and I guess I never took much of an interest either! I am loving seeing everyone's costumes though, the zombie bride looks brilliant! And Jemcat!

    Emma | frillsanddoodads.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww haha thank you! I love Halloween so much! ^__^

      Delete
  9. I love your pumpkins! They look awesome. :D I've only ever helped carve one once, and I felt like I'd had a work out. It ain't easy! :D Also loving the bride costume, but I think it's awesome that even though you're not going all out like you usually do that you're still dressing up. Jemcat looks great! :)

    Sara Bloo xo
    bloonstuff.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sara :) I love dressing up so any excuse is always welcome hehe. You're right though carving was a little hard haha :D xx

      Delete
  10. Your pumpkins look fab, I can't believe you've never done them before as they look so good xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, you are clearly too kind! :D haha xx

      Delete
  11. JemCat is cute! Your pumpkins look great!!

    Jessica
    the.pyreflies.org

    ReplyDelete
  12. The last year one is so scary! Nice!.. I love the second one.. Good job on the makeup!
    http://www.jaseyjade.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your pumpkins look awesome :) We did some a couple years ago and it is quite a bit harder than I thought it would be! Love your halloween looks too :) xx

    Brenda BusyBee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right? They are so tough to carve through haha xx

      Delete

Thank you so much for reading! I'd love to know what you thought :)

Latest Instagrams

© Dorkface. Design by Fearne.