Around Here Lately


I feel like I haven't written a blog post in such a long time, even though of course that isn't true. But I'm used to blogging every day, or nearly every day. My last post was all about my lovely May advertisers (have you met them yet? Go go go!), but I had that post ready and prepped in advance. You know, being super organised and preparing har har *smug face*, and before that we had my big post of revelations, dreams, hopes and plans (find that here). 

I think because of the sheer passion with which I wrote that post, I was left a little.. overwhelmed? I mean, this is it. I've put it all out there now and decided to take a chance on my dream, which is awesome. And terrifying. And extremely busy. So for the past few days I've been doing plenty of orders from some of you amazing readers who fancied one of my blog header designs, buttons, or custom illustrations. It's been so exciting! I've gotten to be creative every single day and work with the loveliest of people to create unique work, which I wouldn't have been able to without your support (thank you!).

As well as that, I'm still working full time (for the time being..), trying to blog, organising meetings with small businesses for freelance social media management and trying to have a life! (And failing..) But it's been more than wonderful. I'm so excited and I feel I'm just at the beginning of a special journey, so it's definitely worth a little less sleep and a few deadlines.

To kick off this new determination, I went out and finally bought myself a proper desk; from which I am working right now actually. I'm so relieved, I've been meaning to sort out a proper work space for myself since we moved in this apartment!


No more typing away in the living room, computer on my lap, getting in Gary's way, scrunching up papers and losing things down the side of the sofa. Thank god. This photo doesn't do it justice, but I have a really big bay window too, which you can sit in and appreciate the view of the city. So yeah, I'm feeling inspired and motivated.

Another thing that changed recently...


I dyed my hair from green to purple! :] 
I'm sure many of you know this by now if you follow me on Twitter, but yeah I felt like a change was needed for Spring. Who knows what my Summer colour will be? (Okay I'll tell you, it's gona be pink). I'm loving the warmer hue of my hair, and the chance to match with all my many purple lipsticks too! Geeky, but yes this did actually excite me.

So what else has been going on in the land of Dorkface this week? Not a whole lot else to be honest. I do plan on being more social next week though. I'm even venturing outside to go meet the one and only Olivia on Monday for celebratory drinks. She got a brand new job and I just pretty much like to drink. I kid... sorta. I'm celebrating the successes I've had this week with selling design work and finally pushing myself to make a start on my own business plan. So we'll be pretty much typical bloggers tweeting our day. You should join us.

Other things;

Feeling: Exhausted
Doing: Doodles
Eating: Chocolate buttons
Wanting: More time
Happy about: Exciting business things, seeing friends, having a new work space & feeling inspired.
Down about: Nothing!
You should know: I'm running a giveaway in tomorrow's blog post! Be sure to check back :]
Looking forward to: Seeing how things will go from here.

...And thinking it's totally fucking crazy how much life has changed in the past two years. I have most of you to thank for that - THANK YOU ^_^

Have a great Bank Holiday weekend!




post signature


Keep up to date with my latest posts by following me! :)
Bloglovin - Twitter - Instagram - Pinterest - Facebook

19 comments

  1. It sounds like things have been great for you lately, I'm so happy! Your purple hair looks really nice, too ♥
    Amy xx

    Little Moon Dragon

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the purple!!!! You look amazing x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the new colour, it really suits you.
    Rubi | Instagram | The Den | http://www.the-den.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your purple hair! Totally cool! Xxx

    Anisha ♥ All You Need Is Red Lipstickl

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your illustrations are gorgeous! I also want the desk you've just bought. Can't wait to pick one out for my new guest bedroom. Good luck with everything, you are amazing and you'll be super successful whatever you do x
    Vix Meldrew

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post =]

    emyii90.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. Everytime I see a photo of your beautiful kitten, I nearly weep haha I can't cope with her! Such a lovely, inspirational little post :} I love your new workspace and I really hope that your fab little business takes off and gives you all the happiness you deserve :}

    N xx
    www.lovelaughslipstick.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loooooooooove the hair!!!
    http://lostinthefairyland.co.nr

    ReplyDelete
  9. the purple looks great. happy bank holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your hair, is there a colour you can't pull off? Looks fab! I've never even been brave enough to get some highlights haha, I'm such a wimp, I thought getting shorter layers than usual was a big deal for me!

    I know what you mean about the difference a proper work space makes. I miss having a desk so much. We only really have room for one in the flat which Mr needs for his gigantic computer so there's no room there for my laptop and me. I have the kitchen table but it's never permanent and I have to pack everything up at the end of the night! Annoying much! I have desk envy!

    Sarah :)
    Saloca in Wonderland

    ReplyDelete
  11. The purple looks so good!


    Kariss xx
    www.shystrangemanic.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your little blogging nook looks awesome! And so does your hair. I dyed my hair purple when I was in high school and there was something about the lights there that made it look blue. So whenever people saw me outside of school they were always like 'omg you dyed your hair purple'!
    Love Hayley,
    Water Painted Dreams

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ahh I love that desk, especially in front of the window too, it looks like a really relaxing place to work. I'm so jealous of the purple hair too, it looks incredible!

    Sarah - Lipstick & Dresses

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ahh I love that desk, especially in front of the window too, it looks like a really relaxing place to work. I'm so jealous of the purple hair too, it looks incredible!

    Sarah - Lipstick & Dresses

    ReplyDelete
  15. Desk look great, it'll definitely help you stay focused and organized. I'm sure this life organization & planning you've been doing will reflect in your products & your work. Great job. Also, that hair color looks great :)
    >> Sam from www.diyjustcuz.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. LOVE the purple! looks so good! xx

    http://mynameiszoeee1.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

  17. Remember to have fun and take breaks so you don't burn out!! The new desk is just perfect.. I feel more productive working at one.

    I don't know if I told you yet.. but I love your purple hair!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the purple and I'M SO PROUD OF ALL YOUR DESIGN STUFF <3

    Also I may or may not have to kidnap your kitten. Sorry. Too cute.

    Little Miss Katy | UK Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  19. First off, I do love the purple on you! I love changing my hair for the seasons haha. I'm enjoying rocking the green at the moment, but I might make it brighter the next time it needs topping up!

    Sounds like things are crazy busy and crazy exciting! Don't forgot, you can't burn the candle at both ends, so ya know, look after your wick and all that...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading! I'd love to know what you thought :)

Latest Instagrams

© Dorkface. Design by Fearne.