3 Ways To Improve Your Social Media

3 ways to improve social media online computer tips
Whether you use social media for fun, business or blogging; there are a bunch of things you can do to improve your experience working across different platforms. Some things I've learned along the way, and other things I've learned from other people working in social media, which has been super helpful. I try to do all three of these things myself, and thought I might share them with you guys in case you were interested.


1. Purge.
Unfollowing people isn't always a bad thing, or meant in a nasty way. I thoroughly recommend unfollowing anyone who makes you feel bad in any way, whether it's a small or big thing. For example, a while back one of my friends was being quite negative on Facebook, and all their updates were bitchy, moany, ranty. It got to the point I had to mute them, because they really brought me down. Unfollowing their updates was a godsend, and actually improved our friendship too. Another reason to unfollow someone, may be because you just don't like their blog anymore. There's no point subscribing to a blog if it holds no interest to you at all. If anything, great blog posts get lost in the sea of ones boring you. Purge, clean out, get rid. Follow only ones you LOVE.


2. Give Personality/Follow Personality.
This is the part where I recommend following people who cheer you on, who are friendly, who make you laugh and who have the same interests as you. And likewise, you should do all this too. People love when you let your personality shine through! So be yourself, support others in your field and always take a moment to help people.


3. Update & Explore.
Updating often is the obvious but very important way of making the most of your social media. If people see you are active, they'll want to follow you and get to know you more. Likewise, the more active you are, the more you can explore across whatever platform you're using (Pinterest, Twitter, Instagram, etc). Exploring means finding people who inspire you, connecting with brands and businesses you want to work with, finding others with the same quirky hobbies and reaching a whole new audience too.



Do you use social media to it's advantages?







post signature


Keep up to date with my latest posts by following me! :)
Bloglovin - Twitter - Instagram - Pinterest - Facebook

17 comments

  1. Love this post! I completely agree with your first point. Unfollowing seems to be frowned upon, but actually there can be good reasons to do so. I saw someone the other day twist something another person had tweeted and was basically looking for an argument. It was so ridiculous and I have no time to read through that, so, erm, unfollowed :)

    Style Sunrise ☀

    :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! My favourite is the second one, we should all give each other support and motivation :) xx

    Zoe Mountford x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Unfollowing always helps for me, gives me so much more energy when I don't have to look for blogs I love in my own subscription. x
    eastofsiam.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel like I always follow the people I see are the most active! Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post! I've actually just done a little purge on twitter, because I made my account on my crazy One Direction fangirl years :D So I unfollowed almost everyone and now I use twitter only for blogging things :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. totally agree on the unfollowing, i always feel better after getting rid of toxic accounts, or ones that don't inspire me.

    brooke | brooke elise

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are some pretty good tips. Sometimes I go through my social media and I wonder why I am following certain people. :P You'd be surprised how many people check to see if you're alive also haha :)

    Ellen,
    http://fishnetsxd.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
  8. I absolutely agree on following other blogs and bloggers you love. It's awesome to see when someone takes a genuine interest in you. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are very useful, thanks a lot for sharing! I'm always tweeting my heart out and it helps me in blogland.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Purging looks like a good idea! I have muted a few FB friends because they kept posting crappy updates.

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are such amazing tips! And I totally agree with purging, I've been trying to unfollow a lot more lately ♥
    Amy xx

    Little Moon Dragon

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great post! I've got to do the purge thing, I just feel horrible doing it :(
    Debbie
    www.myrandommusings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just stumbled across your blog, and I have to say, I absolutely love your blog name :)

    RachelShuchatMakeup

    ReplyDelete
  14. For a long time I kept myself censored because I thought it would drive people away but I got bored of that and really let my quirks and personality shine and suddenly my social media rates were going up. That definitely makes you stand out in the over saturated world.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love that second point Jemma! There's nothing nicer than coming online to see all of the positivity and nice comments that people leave, it's encouraging and fun! - Tasha

    ReplyDelete
  16. I often mute and unfollow people on all social media for various reasons, but like you say If their blog doesn't interest you anymore then there is no need to keep it hanging around. I'm pretty sure I don't use any of my social media platforms to my advantage. I'm just trying to get my Facebook page up and running :)

    Hayley // cityandcode

    ReplyDelete
  17. Im starting to understand how to use twitter now and I love getting involved in chats =]

    emyii90.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading! I'd love to know what you thought :)

Latest Instagrams

© Dorkface. Design by Fearne.