Art Journal Pt 2


So continuing on from last weeks post, I've been filling up this new journal of mine in an attempt to boost creativity and put together something that inspires me. Above you can see that I got around to the front cover, and decorated it a little. It looks much better now and goes well with the content I'm filling it up with inside.


I like that it has a scrapbook/collage style to it because I love collages and will be doing many in this journal, as well as other media. Also adding the cute button on the front makes it a little more adorable!

So here's what I added inside this week;




So it's a mixture of scrap paper, ink, watercolour, fabric and GLITTER. Just for fun ;)
I wanted a powerful image and also these lyrics were running through my head as I was creating this, so it felt nice to include them. Any Placebo fans?

When I took a photo of this and showed it on Instagram a few days ago while doing this, a friend of mine pointed out that this looked very rude to them. They found it hilarious. I should mention it is NOT intended to look any kind of rude.. lol. But it kinda does I guess.


Also I added some notes at the front inside cover of this book, just to inspire me/push me if I need a creative boost.



Remember to visit again next weekend when I'll have more little creations to show!

What do you guys think?
Do you have any journals/scrapbooks you keep?
post signature
Follow on Bloglovin

6 comments

  1. Love this post, it's so interesting seeing other people's art styles/mood boards etc
    http://scarlettsmua.blogspot.co.uk/
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to love art when I was in school. I haven't touched a scrap book for many years now and this has inspired me to consider getting into it again.
    You are so creative and talented! Great post chicka! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thats brilliant! You definitely should! I find it so soothing, calming and gives me loads of other creative ideas too! :D Thank you so much for checking this out and taking the time to comment! xxx

      Delete
  3. I love having a peek at other peoples journals, it looks great, I love your style! I keep one too for Interior design inspiration, and I love looking back on old journals to see how much I've changed :)
    Emily x
    emilymaydesigns.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm the same, I love finding old sketchbooks and journals! I seen your sketches on your blog and they are fab!! xx

      Delete
  4. I really love the art journal idea, and your so creative you've done it a great way :) <3 x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading! I'd love to know what you thought :)

Latest Instagrams

© Dorkface. Design by Fearne.