Lady in Red


I've had two lush lip products find their way into my collection this week.

1. Rimmel Lasting Finish 1000 Kisses Lip Liner in Indian Pink - £2.99.
2. Clinique Chubby Stick in Super Strawberry (I got mine free with Glamour magazine this month!) RRP is £17 though.

So I've spent some time using both products, separately and together.

The product that surprised me is the lip liner to be honest. I never usually use any lip liner at all, like ever. But I was getting tired of having to apply lipstick every five minutes, and I basically got bullied by a friend to give in to lip liner, because "it would give better staying power and less smudging outside the lines"; apparently. Hmm.



So I was surprised because when I applied it, it was super soft and the colour didn't seem too bold or scary, haha. I did as advised by lining my lips, whilst ever so slightly exaggerating my top lip, because it is truly non existent unfortunately. I hate smiling in photographs because my top lip instantly disappears! So using the liner helped this a little, and I felt better.
I then applied the liner all over my lips, building up colour to act as a base.


The reason I chose the Indian Pink shade by the way, is because my most used lipsticks are dark pinks and reds. I found this would match most quite well so it'd be a nice addition to my makeup collection, for my first lip liner!

I am really happy I bought this. The texture is super soft and smooth, and applies so easily. Even for beginners like myself. And for £2.99 it's a bargain. I'll definitely find more of these for the future.

Now, onto the Chubby Stick.

Sorry, but every time I hear the name now I think of rather rude things. It's all the fault of Gary, my boyfriend. Ever since I've gotten this and mentioned it he's found it hilarious. He's taken great joy in asking me before we leave the house, "Do you want your chubby stick? I have it here for you!"
Oh ha ha. I'll let you guys imagine why he finds that one funny. He's childish, I know. And sorry if you're even still reading this.
But anyway...



ITS B-E-A-UUUTIFUL. As Jim Carrey might say. If he's a Clinique fan.
I pretty much knew I'd like this anyway, because;
1. Clinique do awesome lips! 
2. I heart anything that's halfway between a balm and lipstick.

It is seriously the softest, prettiest thing. The added bonus is that the colour is a little stronger than I thought it'd be too. Other similar products on the market do tend to be much clearer, and I haven't found them worth the money. Just buy a balm if it's going to be without colour totally, eh?


But this darling product, I mean, look at that swatch.
That's just one quick layer of it and you can see it quite clearly.
I found that if I apply more than one layer you can guild it up quite well too. I'm so happy with this. Getting it free was a fantastic bargain, and a great way to try out a new product. But I can assure you all, I'll happily be paying the £17 when it runs out for another.

Maybe I'll even get a collection of Chubbies.
Okay, LOL, stop.


^ This is the end result using both the lip liner & chubby stick.
Not at all bad in my opinion. I even have a top lip!

What do you guys think?
Would you buy these, or have you tried them already?
Let me know! :)

Mwah! x
post signature

Follow on Bloglovin

8 comments

  1. I love Chubby Sticks, but now I'll never think about the name in the same way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous combination, couldn't stop giggling about the Chubby Stick!

    Latasha xx | Today I Adore

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol he's ruined it for us all now haha! Xx

      Delete
  3. Ruined for me also! Hahahaha. Bloody men!!

    I have been on the hunt for the chubby stick for ages but it's non existent in leeds. You've tempted me into trying a lip liner though as my lips are really wonky! Thinner on one side than the other so this might help haha.

    Keli | kelskurls.blogspot.com xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always thought that the name was a little mean!
    The lipliner looks really good and for roughly 3 pounds that's such a bargain! I personally haven't given in to the clinique chubby sticks yet because of the high price tag but they're so tempting!
    Elina | http://cupcake-kissesxo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I definitely would rather the price be lower myself, of course! :) But I have to admit I know I'm gona pay out, I just love it that much. It seems perfect for what I want it for so Im happy x

    ReplyDelete
  6. haha that is funny :D But moving on lol, I love the combination!! very nice red without being to overpowering :D
    Melissa || My Blog

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading! I'd love to know what you thought :)

Latest Instagrams

© Dorkface. Design by Fearne.