Five Favourite Daytime Lipsticks

favourite daytime lipsticks

I'm the type of person who loves a bright lip; the bolder the better. Give me a powerful red or a deep gothic purple and I'm a happy girl. I'll try out every orange, pink and even blue under the sun. However, there are plenty of times I need a good, subtle daytime sorta' lip too.

If I'm going to a restaurant, for example, there's no way I'll be wearing a Ruby Woo no matter what staying power it promises. Eating, food, drink, a bright lipstick and me just don't mix. I'd end up with it smeared across my face, or I'd be too worried about it to eat comfortably.

Then there's those times I'm nipping the local shop first thing Sunday morning. Sure, a lippie that packs a POW is great; but when it's teamed with the first leggings you can find and yesterdays tshirt - it sort of doesn't look great. So enter, the casual daytime lippies.



nude lipsticks MAC Makeup Revolution GOSH

As you can see, these lipsticks have been well loved, and that's because I truly wear them all the time. There' only one new looking one, and that's because I recently replaced it after using the old one completely.

From left to right we have; Elf 'Classy', Makeup Revolution 'Dusky', MAC 'Angel', GOSH 'Sweetheart' and Essence 'BFF'.

lipstick swatches MAC

These swatches match each shade from left to right, so you can see how they apply.

Each of these lipsticks are soft, wearable, easy to apply, have a good staying power and really compliment my skin tone. If I had to choose an absolute favourite, it might be GOSH 'Sweetheart' as I really love their lipstick formulas (I own at least 8 from GOSH that I adore). I also think it's the light brownish/nude shade looks really beautiful. If I'm feeling a little girlier, I opt for Elf's 'Classy' or MAC 'Angel' - but they are all truly gorgeous, and I really do find it hard to choose between them.

MAC Makeup Revolution GOSH lipsticks


Let me know what your favourite daytime lipsticks are?
And if you'd like me to share my more bold/out there choices?

Thanks guys!




 photo SIG_zpsjqlmpka9.png

Keep up to date with my latest posts by following me! :)
Bloglovin - Twitter - Instagram - Pinterest - Facebook

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for reading! I'd love to know what you thought :)

Latest Instagrams

© Dorkface. Design by Fearne.