Sleek Solstice Highlighting Palette Review

Sleek Highlight Palette
Sleek Highlight Palette Solstice

If I didn't wait three months after everyone else bought a product and raved about it, before I finally jumped on the bandwagon and got it myself; you guys would be disappointed, right?? At least that's the lie I'm going to tell myself.

In typical Jemma style, here I am way after everyone else's hype, with my own review. The thing is, the Sleek Solstice Highlight Palette caught my eye instantly months ago, but I kept forgetting to buy it every time I popped into Boots. Then in the last few weeks, each time I looked for it it was sold out. Cue heartbreak for Jemma.

Then about a week ago, I was mooching around Boots filling my basket with lots of Soap & Glory products as usual, when I ONE of the Sleek palettes sitting on it's lonesome on the shelf - woo! Finally, it was mine.

Sleek claims this to be a versatile face and body highlighting palette suited to all skin tones. Well, I can't really speak for other skin tones, but I can say that my own LOVES this palette. Firstly let me say my favourite of the combination is the top right 'Hemisphere' shade; which is a baked powder. I only used a small amount on my brush and the pigmentation was amazing - it left me with such a strong and beautiful highlight I swear I could land planes now, haha.

I found the lower right 'Equinox' to be just as beautiful, but maybe a little more subtle, being of a slightly warmer tone. This blended in a little more with my fair skin, and looked great for an everyday natural looking highlight, but I had to be careful not to put too much on, as this really would make me look 'orangey' on my cheekbones otherwise.

The top left 'Ecliptic' is the cream highlighter; a pretty shade, slightly cooler than Equinox but not as 'powerful' as Hemisphere. I much prefer powdered highlighters though usually, my only other reoccurring alternative is Benefit High Beam, which I could never not love. So even though I like Ecliptic, it's not wow-ing me.

And then finally bottom left, 'Subsolar' a silky shimmer powder. I love this shade, and the added subtle shimmer is just beautiful. A close second to Hemisphere for me.


Overall I LOVE this palette, I'd buy it for Hemisphere and Subsolar alone to be honest. The pigmentation is fantastic, it offers a good range of shades and finishes and left my cheekbones looking sculpted as hell. And all this for only £10? I'll be repurchasing for sure.


Have you tried this palette yet? What did you think?


post signature

Keep up to date with my latest posts by following me! :)
Bloglovin - Twitter - Instagram - Pinterest - Facebook

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for reading! I'd love to know what you thought :)

Latest Instagrams

© Dorkface. Design by Fearne.