Life This Week

magazine cover

Happy Sunday guys! I thought today would be the perfect day to sum up the past week or so, and have a little catch up blog post. I like to do chattier posts where I keep you all updated with what's going on at least once or twice a month, and I hope you won't mind me rambling.

Firstly I'd like to say a huge thank you to Love From magazine for featuring me on the cover of their March issue and interviewing me (shown above). It was so much fun and it's lovely having something like that to keep. My mum said she felt all proud, especially as she doesn't understand all this blogging malarkey. So it's nice to have something to give her to help her understand what it's all about!

magazine pages

I had some great and funny reactions to my recent ASMR post; I didn't realise how many other people could relate, which was really good. It's such a strange thing, but I personally find it so helpful. And thank you to anyone who sat down and read that post, as I know it got a bit wordy, haha.

At the start of the week we celebrated Gary's birthday, and had his mum and nan visit us for a few days which was lovely. They haven't visited us in Liverpool before, and it was nice to finally let them see our home; especially as it's starting to really look and feel 'homely'. Birthday cake, balloons and presents were all present, so it's fair to say it was a good start to the week.

I've also been snapchatting a lot more recently, and those of you who follow me (Jemmamorgan) have been enjoying them, yay! I tend to annoy Gary a lot, video Luna, or myself looking horrendous; but it's all fun. 

This past week I also had the FANTASTIC pleasure of announcing I'd got a set date and venue for the Girl Gang first ever event! It'll be Thursday 25th August at 'Dive' in the Northern Quarter in Manchester, in the afternoon. It'll be held for 40 girl gang members (including myself!), and I'll be opening the guest list TOMORROW (Monday 14th) after #TheGirlGang chat using the girl gang twitter account @thegirlganghq. So around 7pm,  you'll wanna keep an eye out for that link if you want to attend :) It's open for absolutely anyone to come, and it's based on a first come first serve basis. There are no rules, but let's be honest - it's pretty crappy if you sign up to go, but you aren't a member signed up for the newsletter. So if you want to sign up, you can do that here

Blogging wise, I've felt SO inspired lately and I'm loving it! I felt especially proud recently talking about how powerful social media can be, and how sometimes we all become social justice warriors far too easily (read about this here). I also created a free blog post checklist you guys can print off and use if you'd like. Some of you have noticed I've stopped doing my Friday Five posts, and have asked why? Well to be honest guys, I've seen too many other people doing them now. Some people asked permission (to which I said yes every time, as it's a free world!) and some people didn't, and just blindly stole an idea. I don't mind really, it's rather flattering I suppose. However I hate putting out content that I don't feel is unique any more, or doesn't add anything different. So I've stopped doing them. I'm glad you guys enjoyed them when they were around, and maybe one day I'll do more. But for now, I'm concentrating on refreshing, new ideas (I hope!).

In other news... it's almost my 2 year blog birthday! One week today my blog turns 2 and I'm so happy and proud I could squeal :) I'm arranging a big giveaway of things, so make sure you're following me to ensure you don't miss it! I'll also be celebrating hitting some recent milestones too, yay.


Anyway, I've rambled on enough. I hope you guys have had a super week, and I hope to see a lot of you signing up for the event tomorrow night!

Lots of love.

post signature


Keep up to date with my latest posts by following me! :)
Bloglovin - Twitter - Instagram - Pinterest - Facebook

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for reading! I'd love to know what you thought :)

Latest Instagrams

© Dorkface. Design by Fearne.