10 Things You Might Not Know About My Blog/Routine

palette makeup brush


Hello lovelies, today I thought I'd share with you some of the things you might not know about my blog, or my blogging routine. Because it's not often we get to chat about 'behind the scenes', and it's interesting to share snippets of that with each other.

So here are ten things you might not have known about this blog, or my blogging routine.


1. I take most of my photographs at night. Ever since I got new lights, I've enjoyed the freedom of taking photos at any time of day, so 2am photo taking seshes are normal for me.

2. I try to break up my content. There might be times when I have 20 ideas for great beauty posts, for example. But I try break this up between lifestyle/craft/other posts so there's a nice flow of content here on my blog. 

3. I try to keep ahead of posts by at least a week - but that doesn't always happen. Sometimes blog posts are written the night before, sometimes two weeks before they go live. You never can tell really, and I don't stress about it.

4. I bulk take photos 'in case'. Sometimes I'll put together some generic photo props, particularly with a lifestyle, or beauty theme for future posts. That way I always have backup photographs I can use for last minute ideas, when I'm running short on time. Sometimes doing this gives me ideas for posts too!

5. I kind of pressure myself to have at least 4 posts a week. I don't know why, it makes no difference, and I know I shouldn't. But I do. My ideal schedule is a post every single day. But usually I manage 5 or 6 a week.

6. This one is more to do with the blogging community - but I'm basically worried everyone hates me. Like, yeah.. ok I have blogging friends. And people are generally nice to me. But there are a few I KNOW who dislike me, as you'll always get in life, and that's fine! But I tend to panic that SO many people really dislike me. I don't act like it, because I try focus on the positives. But yeah... I'm terrified everyone slags me off and I'm the loser of the blogging world.

7. The reason I called my blog Dorkface is because I feel like a dork. Not just y'know the 'cute' idea of dork.. but like an actual loser. I constantly feel like an outcast, never one of the cool kids. So I decided to be honest about that when naming my blog. I don't regret it, I love it, it's me.

8. I never know how to start posts. It's always awkward, forgive me. Also I wouldn't be surprised if after reading that you went back up and checked how I started this one, LOL.

9. Spreadsheets are LIFE. I basically use this type of layout with spreadsheets to keep track of blog posts. The only change these days is I use pastel colours in spreadsheets to look prettier, haha.

10. I don't study Google Analytics. I know it's a good idea, and I know it's the 'done thing'; but I really just can't be bothered. I think the last time I logged into it was about 2 weeks ago, and I usually check it like once or twice a month. Not that I'm saying it's wrong if you check it everyday; that's cool, and you'll definitely be learning more than I am. But I like that I don't obsess over numbers.


What things might we not know about your blog/routine?


post signature


Keep up to date with my latest posts by following me! :)
Bloglovin - Twitter - Instagram - Pinterest - Facebook

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for reading! I'd love to know what you thought :)

Latest Instagrams

© Dorkface. Design by Fearne.