Night Time Skincare Additions

If my blog doesn't show it enough, I love makeup. I love all things beauty related and that even includes taking it all off at night. I love having a great skincare routine and buying/testing products to see which works best for me, so I'm always keen to try new things.


But here's the thing.
I'm terribly lazy and forgetful. After a long hard day at work, coming home to write a blog post, chilling with my man and generally vegging out; I tend to not pay much attention to my skincare routine as I could. I'm either way too tired for that, or I just genuinely forget. I always plan on doing the cleanse, tone, moisturise thing. Hey I buy enough of the products, in fact I spend so much in Clinique every time I visit that it embarrasses me. I love feeling organised when it comes to my skincare, I just don't follow through on my plans really. More often than not I'll use face wipes (gasp!) to clean away the days grime, and sometimes I enjoy using a gentle cleansing foam of an evening. But not much else happens, not really. Not often enough.

So recently I found myself drooling over some beautiful looking, but very expensive skin care ranges which I won't dare go into for fear of tempting myself. I didn't go for them because I just can't afford them right now and I know I won't give them the use they deserve! After getting all stroppy with myself, I decided to fix this. I reasoned with myself that I would improve my skincare, by getting into the habit every night of using the products I need. Except I would start this new routine out with much more affordable products. That way I still get to try something new, but it won't break the bank. Hence me popping into Superdrug this week and opting for their Vitamin E Gentle Micellar Solution & Vitamin E Nourishing Night Cream



The Micellar solution sticks to it's word and proves to be gentle, even on my blemish prone, sensitive skin. It removes even the toughest of my makeup with a quick swipe of some on a cotton pad. It left my skin feeling refreshed and clean, and best of all there's no need to rinse it off. Great for a lazybones like me. After I've let that settle, I take a small amount of the Nourishing Night Cream and gently apply it all over my face. I pay special attention to my eyes, and any areas prone to dry skin, like sides of my nose. I can safely say this left my skin feeling so soft and supple, without leaving a greasy residue. So I do feel this would be okay even for grease prone skin. The cream settled into my skin quickly, leaving me feeling nourished without being too heavy.

Overall I'm actually really happy that I tried these products, and I will be keeping an eye out for the others in the Superdrug Vitamin E range. At such affordable prices, I really can't moan. Especially as I'm using these to get me into better habits. Watch this space..


post signature


Keep up to date with my latest posts by following me! :)
Bloglovin - Twitter - Instagram - Pinterest - Facebook

5 comments

  1. I used to be the same and didn't look after my skin properly but now I've totally changed and stick to my routines. If you stick with it long enough it will become habit :D! I have never tried the Superdrug range but they sound pretty good to me! x

    Beauty with charm

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love micellar waters. I'm honestly the absolute worst at remembering to cleanse, tone and moisturise.. I really need to make it a habit!

    Sammy xo.

    littlefickleblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm definitely the same with skincare - it happens every so often, mainly because by time I'm about to go to bed I'm wiped out! I've found that The Body Shop's Vitamin E cream is good as well - it's not too greasy :)

    Steph - http://nourishmeclean.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the Superdrug Vitamin E range - their hot cloth cleanser is amazing. I really want to pick up the night cream now, it sounds perfect for dry skin!

    Sam | www.thatsfetch.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohh these products have the cutest packaging~ :3

    www.thedailydollyblog.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading! I'd love to know what you thought :)

Latest Instagrams

© Dorkface. Design by Fearne.