DIY Memo Board


Yesterday I was clearing out lots of junk in preparation for Gary and I hopefully moving soon, when I came across some old photo frames. Never one to throw something away without desperately trying to find a use for it first, I took a Pinterest moment to consider the options. I found four frames which I am going to use for different purposes, and I decided to use my first one to create my own customised dry wipe memo board. Fairly easy and plenty of fun :) !



The tools you use for this are entirely up to you to be honest, as it depends on how you would like to customise this and what you'll use it for. I knew I wanted some pretty patterned paper as the backdrop inside the frame, and maybe cute cute accents for the outside of the frame. Above all though, you will need a frame with glass, and a dry erase marker pen.


It couldn't be easier to put this together, simply decide on what kind of messages (or drawings!) you want to draw on the front of the glass, and maybe choose your backdrop and accessories accordingly? For example I tried a background decorated with kitchen objects, sealed it inside the frame and used my dry erase pen over the top of the glass to write my planned meal list for the week, or grocery shopping.



Overall though I weren't happy with pictures showing through the glass and trying to write over them, as it was hard to see what notes I'd made.
The beauty of the project though, is you can simply wipe away what you've done, and replace the image in the frame if you feel like it!

Next up I tried a simple patterned paper and used my frame to keep a To Do list on display.


Not bad, but still not fulfilling my need for Pinterest worthy beauty.. Plus I have plenty of notebooks for my never ending daily To Do lists!

Finally I realised that the one thing I would love on display more than anything, is something INSPIRING, MOTIVATIONAL and full of JOY. So I scrapped my background once more, opted instead for bright pink tissue paper and some glitter. Since then I've had plenty of fun filling my own little memo board with inspiring or thought provoking quotes!





Now this is something I am more than happy to display around my home. It instantly adds a pop of colour and some happiness to any room. And best of all, I can get creative and change the message it reads whenever I like.

Hurrah!




post signature

28 comments

  1. Aw how cool, I love this! I could chop and change the backing for each season!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right! Use Christmas paper for December and plan out gifts or things that need doing? :) hehe. I'm so glad you like! xx

      Delete
  2. OH MY GOD! This is absolutely adorable (like you tehehe). This is such a fun and fabulous idea! And it's so simple too, I love the changing of the background, like Danielle said, it'd be great for seasons ^_^ This could also be really useful for class timetabling as well OMG the possibilities are endless! This is such a cute and quirky little post Jemma, thank you so much for sharing! :)

    Claire xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH YOU! <3
      I know there are SO many possibilities, I wanted to keep going haha! I'm sure I'll try many out myself and then Instagram them :) Thank you so, so much darling! :D xx

      Delete
  3. This is such a good idea. Definitely going to have to dig out some old photo friends. Cute dry wipe board is what my room has been missing
    Beth x
    Mermaid in Disguise

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yaaay! Glad you like it Beth, and so glad you popped by, thank you! :) xx

      Delete
  4. Excellent idea! They are all so pretty and inspirational. It's a cool idea for college students.
    http://fishnetsxd.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I'm not studying anymore, but I did think this myself! It'd be handy for class schedules, assignments or just general plans :) hehe. Thanks Ellen! x

      Delete
  5. Such a cute ideaa!


    http://shopaholicoverhere.blogspot.nl/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love memo boards! I was thinking of making myself a cork board version but this looks like a lot more fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww THANK YOU! ^__^ Hehe. Let me know if you try it! A cork coard one sounds lovely too, with lots of collagey photos/pics/stickers maybe? :D xx

      Delete
  7. Really like this idea and the fact you have used it to put quotes up to motivate yourself makes it even better!

    A xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need the motivation and positivity reminders sometimes haha :D Seeing this every morning might put me in a better mood! xx

      Delete
  8. OMG I love this !!! Definitely on the to do list ! So creative xx


    http://chasingrubieschasingpearl.blogspot.ie/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you doll! <3 I'm so glad you like it and really grateful you popped by! xx

      Delete
  9. i loooove this diy, its so cute.
    i want to do this rightnow!, but i dont have any supplies haha
    really like that you can switch up and change things easily.
    the hello kitty's in the beginning sold me :)

    - www.angelaah91.blogspot.nl

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely idea! Love this!! :)
    Levi x
    LeviJade

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE these, they're so pretty and so easy to create.

    http://www.abigailalicex.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I would never have thought of doing this looks so cute!

    thriftylilpixie.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Okay this is the cutest idea ever!! I love it, I definitely want to try it :) such a good idea, and a great way to keep positive :)

    Hazel Jane xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome idea! This would be perfect for kids to doodle on as well :) Think I may have to make one for myself & one for my son :) xx

    Brenda BusyBee | GIVEAWAY

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a great idea, thanks for sharing! Definitely making this really soon :) x

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love this idea so much! So simple and easy. I'm very tempted now to and pick me up some supplies to recreate this!

    Natalie Ann xo // Petal Poppet Blogs ♥

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love this! Really creative idea :) Pictures look good too xx

    Caroline Rebecca - Caroline--Rebecca.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading! I'd love to know what you thought :)

Latest Instagrams

© Dorkface. Design by Fearne.