Why I Can't Have A Blog With A Niche


Sometimes I find myself admiring blogs that have a clearly defined niche, so much so that I end up a little jealous. Their perfect blogs with a perfect theme, not to mention this can really help with followers and popularity. No, I'm not saying that blogs with a niche only do well because of this, or that it isn't deserved (this should be obvious), but it does have benefits.

So why haven't I ever taken the plunge and made Dorkface the home of just beauty, lifestyle or craft posts? Quite honestly; because I don't have that dedication. I totally respect how much harder that must be, and I certainly wouldn't last that way. But also, an absolutely huge reason is that I just don't see myself as a one subject kinda person.

I have so many different aspects to my personality, hobbies, habits and loves; I couldn't squish it all into one neatly packed niche blog. My greatest joy with this blog is the fact that I can share everything that excites me or interests me in some way. I love feeling like this is 'home', where I can take you along all my little adventures with me. Whether I want to write about new beauty products I've bought, a recent trip to Lush, some cute crafts I've tried out or inspire you in some way; I can do it all!

I just thought I'd write this, in case there are some bloggers out there who think they need to have a niche. It's just not true guys. If you want one, yay! Go for it. But don't feel like you have to restrict yourself in any way at all. 

Make your blog a place that inspires you, where you can share your passions.




post signature


Keep up to date with my latest posts by following me! :)
Bloglovin - Twitter - Instagram - Pinterest - Facebook

4 comments

  1. Hey! This is a "problem" I have as well. I just don't DO niches. Check the post I did on it! http://adamgearlife.com/2015/08/12/pros-and-cons-to-having-a-tight-niche/

    ReplyDelete
  2. My blog is all over the place with topics it was beauty to begin with but I more to offer than just that so I put my life on it.

    http://www.dream1ncolour.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so amazing how things happen.. Tonight I really considered shutting down my blog, but then I ran across your post! I was feeling really discouraged until I just read your post about not having a niche (which is exactly how I feel) and now I am encouraged once again.. :) So thank you for sharing your thoughts on this. You have no idea how helpful it has been to me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is pretty much how I feel about my blog. I did try - twice - to make a blog solely about books but just couldn't do it, there are just too many things that interest me that I want to write about and share.

    If only eclectivity could be a niche, right? 😅

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading! I'd love to know what you thought :)

Latest Instagrams

© Dorkface. Design by Fearne.