Eyeko Skinny Eyeliner Review

As a huge fan of jet black liners, this Eyeko one which came free with this months issue of Glamour, was a lovely treat for the eyes. I never usually expect much from freebies to be honest, but I thought I'd give it a go.



The box didn't stand out much for me. The colour scheme and general layout doesn't really scream 'Gorgeous!', but the actual eyeliner was lovely and sleek once you took it out and much better presented. This might not seem important to some people, but as someone who studied Graphic Design and Product Design for years, I really notice this stuff. Plus I have to be honest about what would generally grab my attention at the beauty counter.


I have to say, I'm pretty happy with this eyeliner, especially since I got it free. It's not a bad little addition to my makeup bag. It does have a skinny, precise little nib which is obviously what you want from a liquid liner. I think my only small negative comment would be that if you want it really black (like I usually do!) then you have to press down a little firmer than usual. I have taken a photograph using the liner on my hand to show how 'black' it came out with a gentle, quick swish.


As you can see its not perfect, but I didn't find this a problem as I just pushed down a little harder. Anyone not used to using liquid liner for precise lines might find this irksome though, as pushing down firmer does make the line a little thicker. Not much of a downside for myself though, I was quite impressed with this.

This usually goes for around £12 according to the Eyeko website.
Personally, I would consider buying this in the future as it is fluid and easy to run over eyelids, and not a bad price. If it were anymore though, I would probably consider something else.

What do you guys think? Have you tried this?

post signature
Follow on Bloglovin

2 comments

  1. Ahh I've been looking at this as I need a new eyeliner but if the colour isn't strong think i will stick to my L'oreal superliner!
    x
    girlwiththestrawberrytattoo.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do think there are better ones out there, but it was a nice little freebie and I will use it like :) x

      Delete

Thank you so much for reading! I'd love to know what you thought :)

Latest Instagrams

© Dorkface. Design by Fearne.