The Deal With Caitlyn Jenner

Normally I don't do these types of posts; on topic pieces about celebrities or things that have blown up in the media lately. It's not that I'm not interested or don't have an opinion, I'm usually just not that quick on the mark or sure how to word my feelings.

This one however is one I feel I need to write. Please forgive me as I type away at this, if I make any mistakes but I'm having one of those moments where you need to write furiously and you just wana blurt out all your feelings with the world. (The best kind of blog moments basically..)

This week we seen Caitlyn Jenner say hello to the world, and it was fucking awesome. It's not often a story in celebrity media grabs me like this one did. I felt so emotional looking at the Vanity Fair cover, of this beautiful woman who has finally had the chance to be herself. Imagine living your life for 65 years in the wrong body? Being told you are someone different, having to act like a completely different person, a mere shadow of your true self. It's astounding that she survived with such spirit. And now having the courage later in life to become who she really was all along - nothing short of amazing.
I think the importance of this is not who Caitlyn is. This is the part where you all gasp as I tell you I know nothing of the Jenner/Kardashian family. I've never watched the TV show, I've never even seen an interview; I just don't bother with that family as they don't seem like my kind of entertainment or in my interests. So I know nothing really of who Caitlyn used to be, which is kind of nice. I'll only know her as Caitlyn, which is unfortunately going to be a rarity for her. 

However the fantastic thing here is this; she is an astounding example of being true to yourself, no matter your age. She has come out bravely and said, this is who I am, this is who I always was. Call me Caitlyn.


Thank you Caitlyn for being such an inspiration.


post signature


Keep up to date with my latest posts by following me! :)
Bloglovin - Twitter - Instagram - Pinterest - Facebook

15 comments

  1. I just read about her in Buzzfeed today, everyone was expecting her to spell her name with a K as all Kardashian do but she separated herself from them and came out to be an amazing independent woman that matters and it makes me so happy to see her like that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such an impressive story and I hope she can be happy now, as well as helping people be more accepting.

    Bethan Likes

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've watched the show and there is a HUGE difference. She looks so much happier now. I can only imagine how difficult it was to live with so many girls and keep that secret so long. I'm excited to see her in the show. It's never too late to be yourself! 😊

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab post, I hope she ensures others to be who they are!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never watched the show either but I was aware of who Bruce Jenner was. Such a brave thing to do and she just looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm no Jenner/Kardashian fan either, but this whole thing has amazed me tenfold. Everytime I see the pictures I think wow, she looks amazing and at first, it never even dawned on me who it actually was - I initially thought it was Jessica Lange!

    Brave, amazing, inspiring. What Caitlyn has done is going to help and motivate a lot of people!

    Sarah :)
    Saloca in Wonderland

    ReplyDelete
  7. the minute i saw the cover, i screamed "yas girl yas" in the room at my doctor's office, it was great. i'm so proud of her, and i think it's great for the trans community as a whole. she looks absolutely gorgeous.

    brooke | brooke elise

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a great post! I totally agree with everything ♥
    Amy xx

    Little Moon Dragon

    ReplyDelete
  9. Isn't she stunning? Ive been so happy seeing so much positive attention for her in the media. I think this could be really groundbreaking!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Totally agree. I don't watch any of the Kardashian shows either. I don't see what's so exciting about them! But I agree about Caitlyn. Fair play to her for having the courage to be who she really is on the outside as well as the inside. I think it must have been especially hard for her with being in the spotlight - she can't just move away and keep her past a secret if that's what she wanted to do. There's always going to be judgemental people, and I hope she doesn't let them get her down. And lets face it she looks absolutely fab!
    Debbie
    www.myrandommusings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I was shocked when i first saw this picture, the transformation is amazing, and she looks great =] very brave!

    emyii90.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm with you - have never seen the show and don't really know who they are. I am in awe of someone being so sure of themselves that they can be confident in being true to themselves.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Brilliantly worded post Jemma. I can't imagine what she's gone through, having to hide her true self all this time and I think it's amazing to see, particularly for anyone else who is going through this too. It feels like a very progressive time to be alive now and I hope things like this continue! - Tasha

    ReplyDelete
  14. God bless this woman for doing what she did, i won't lie, i wasn't a fan of her former self but i'm ready to see Caitlyn for who she is! xx
    Love Vicki | victoriajanex.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  15. Totally agree and thanks for posting about it! Her pics are stunning x

    Jasmin Charlotte

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading! I'd love to know what you thought :)

Latest Instagrams

© Dorkface. Design by Fearne.