Browns Afternoon Tea


Recently I was invited to enjoy a Royal Afternoon Tea at the wonderful Browns Bar and Brassiere in the heart of Liverpool, and I popped along with my Mum to see what they had in store for us. The Royal Afternoon Tea was part of a month long celebration for the Queen's birthday, and even though I hate the Monarchy; I'm not averse to a good celebration or afternoon tea.

We were greeted by lovely staff, and offered a British Royal Cocktail upon arrival; however being on good behaviour with my Mum and all that, I thought it best to stick to tea.




After settling in (and waving hi to Sam!) we were given a huge three tiered selection of treats, yay! Sandwiches, cakes and all the pastry goodies you could want. Included were coronation chicken, smoked salmon and egg and cress sandwiches, which my mum absolutely loved. I'm a fussy sort of sandwich person (okay I'm boring and stick to cheese and ham) so I was happy to let her have them all. Luckily for me though there was also a great selection of cakes!

Lmeon and earl grey cake, salted caramel profiteroles, Pimms jelly topped creme brûlée and finally, my favourite; the red velvet. They were all absolutely AMAZING. The problem was that they were so, so good; I had trouble resisting scoffing them all. And when you're trying to eat a little healthier, this is a challenge haha! But honestly, it was worth it to 'cheat' for the day.


However one of the most surprising things of the whole selection was the scones. While I do like a scone, I wouldn't say I'm generally 'excited' by one, they're alright I guess. However after trying one from Browns, my world has been changed. It was the most beautiful scone I've ever tasted; warm and baked to perfection, and leaving you wanting more. Mum agreed, and she's a fussy cow too.

A huge thank you to Browns for allowing us to try the selection, it was so appreciated. I thoroughly recommend you all get down there and try the Royal British Afternoon Tea while it's still on, and really get a taste of the good life.



 photo SIG_zpsjqlmpka9.png

*Invitation from restaurant for review. All views my own.

Keep up to date with my latest posts by following me! :)
Bloglovin - Twitter - Instagram - Pinterest - Facebook

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for reading! I'd love to know what you thought :)

Latest Instagrams

© Dorkface. Design by Fearne.